Sunday, July 7, 2013

MyBro Plan 999 Review - The Strongest Connection Ever?!

It was about a year ago since I updated this blog. And since this is my first update this year, I would like to have this dedicated to my internet provider. I couldn't update this blog without it, you know!

MyBro Brochure


It's actually been a month since I subscribed to MyBro plan 999, one of the promos of PLDT. It provides an unlimited wireless broadband internet connection where you can connect your laptop/computer and even your mobile devices through the provided signal of the modem. It also says in their website that you can get a speed of up to 1mbps. I'm a bit disappointed to say that I haven't got at least 1mbps of their connection. Perhaps it is because of my location having lots of trees around the house.



I've tried pinging to see how fast the connection I'm getting. However, it shows a 0. something mbps of connection. You may see the image below for reference.



Ping test result by speedtest.net

I've once tried applying for a canopy plan, however, the smart agent told me that it was impossible because due to the poor connection based on their testing device. They've told me that it is due to the many trees surrounding the house.


The image below is another tool that they provided to test the speed of my internet. The agent said that having an above 10.00 CINR is a great indication that my signal is stable. Well, I think, that convince me to subscribed on it.



WiMAX Mobile Station

Currently, I have downloaded at least four movies through the wifi connection. I think that is a great way to start this subscription. During rainy days, the connection is a little poor though.


Well, I believe, I have to patronise the service since I signed a lock-in contract with them for 24 months. I will just longer my patience in times of poor connection, I guess.


Rating: 3/5

Review: Neutral
Product: MyBro Plan 999

No comments:

Post a Comment